CSW week 1: 15-21 march
Young Feminist Europe had a full and busy first week of CSW65:
> As part of the Women’s Rights Caucus, we are following closely the negotiations on the agreed conclusions. We also support the Call to Action to UNmute Civil Society at CSW #UNmuteCSW65
> We have also been invited to participate in the CSO meeting with the European Delegation and were able to share some recommendations.
> This week we had several opportunities to speak about the importance of young feminist leadership and present the #YoungFeministManifesto at three major events:
- “Intergenerational co-leadership and mutual accountability” – A high level intergenerational dialogue between young people and policy makers during CSW 65.
- “Adolescents Girl Dialogue on Feminist Movements, Leadership and Accountability in Generation Equality” CSW65 side event.
- “Generation Equality Forum – Curtain raiser” CSW65 interactive Virtual Side Event.
> We also had the incredible honour to have been invited to a conversation on Young Feminist Leadership with the Vice General Secretary of the UN Amina Mohammed where we shared some key recommendations from the Young Feminist Manifesto as well.
And we were also invited to speak at the event “Global Action Against Trafficking and Contemporary Slavery” by the “Youth Against Slavery Movement”. We spoke about feminist leadership and movement building in the context of modern-day slavery.
CSW week 2: 22-26 March
Week two of CSW continued to hold some exciting events, some of them co-hosted by YFE.
During the week, we kept advocating for key demands within the young feminist manifesto, and mobilising for the Generation Equality Forum hosted by Mexico which takes place right after CSW from March 29th – 31st. As one of Action Coalition leaders for the AC on Feminist Movements and Leadership, we talked a lot about feminist leadership, intersectionality, and transformation.
- On 22. March we organised the launch event of the Young Feminist Manifesto
- YFE co-hosted the Anti-Racism space on March 24th and offers a variety of workshops on anti-racism together with NGO CSW.
- We joined the Vienna Café, an advocacy space to exchange with government delegates and an opportunity to share our priorities.
- The CSW Youth Forum took place on the 25th, and we were be able to address the Young Feminist Manifesto.
- YFE also was represented and we spoke at the side event “Navigating the Generation Equality Mexico Forum: A Preparatory Workshop for Women and Youth Peacebuilders” organized by the Global Network of Women Peace Builders. As a leader of the Action Coalition on Feminist Movements and Leadership we shared some updates from the blueprint development process, engagement opportunities during the Mexico Forum and an interactive discussion on the theme.
- Right after, on the final day, we co-hosted the event “Global Feminist Movement Building for Generation Equality” together with WECF and leaders from each of the Action Coalitions. Together with participants we engaged in generative dialogue and exchange on hope, rage, action, and celebration around the Generation Equality Forum and the Action Coalitions.