As part of the ‘Her Europe‘ campaign, Young Feminist Europe has teamed up with Soraya Post, member of the European Parliament to host a screening of the documentary The Feminist: A Swedish Inspiration on 8 April 2019.
The documentary not only follows the daily life of THE FEMINIST, Gudrun Schyman, but it shows the ups and downs of political life; the public shaming of her struggles with addiction; overcoming her demons; and the founding of Europe’s first feminist party.
We believe that in the backdrop of the upcoming EU elections, the documentary provides a valuable insight into the social pressures that female political leaders face but it also inspires a vision where a feminist Europe is possible.
A 30 minute discussion will follow the documentary with Soraya Post MEP and other feminist leaders.
1) The documentary is in Swedish with English subtitles
2) Event capacity is 40 attending (so register before we fill up!)
NOTE: Registration via Eventbrite is mandatory. You will need to provide your ID details to access the European Parliament and bring your ID with you that evening.
- Location: European Parliament, Brussels, BE
- Date/Time: 8 April 2019 (17:30-20:00)
- Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/586990235057514/